Regular private meetings between the Commissioner and the Chief Constable, ensure there is an open exchange of information and help them to maintain an effective working relationship.
These meetings are either held at Force Headquarters or at the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. The Commissioner and Chief Constable, Serena Kennedy, discuss a wide variety of subjects relating to routine business.
- matters of immediate concern;
- trends in performance and incidence of crime that may impact on priorities included in the Police and Crime Plan;
- strategic proposals of the Commissioner / Chief Constable not considered in other forums;
- matters raised by the Police and Crime Panel;
- strategic finance;
- personnel matters;
- strategic policing initiatives;
- complaints and misconduct issues.
|13th May 2022||Merseyside Police Headquarters, Rose Hill, Liverpool|
|23rd May 2022||Office of the Police Commissioner, Mather Avenue, Liverpool|
Meetings are held regularly and a summary of all their meetings with actions is published below.
Due to operational demands, some one-to-one discussions are held over the phone.