The Criminal Justice Joint Inspection (CJJI) brings together the four criminal justice (CJ) inspectorates – of Constabulary, Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), Prisons and Probation.
By working together they inspect elements of the criminal justice system to spur improvements. The CJ Chief Inspectors Group (CJCIG) meets regularly to oversee the delivery of programmes of collaborative working.
The CJJI particularly provides a focus on:
- Systemic issues within the CJS as a whole;
- Identifying and driving cost from the system;
- Addressing risks and public safety;
- Looking at the system end-to-end and the role individual agencies play;
- Universal issues, standards and constraints within the CJS;
- Public reassurance and confidence.