The Joint Audit Committee is an independent body which checks both Merseyside's Police Commissioner and Merseyside Police are following national and local regulations, handling public finances in accordance with the law and not taking undue risk.
The purpose of the Joint Audit Committee is to provide independent advice and recommendations to the Commissioner and to the Chief Constable on the adequacy of the governance and risk management frameworks, the internal control environment, and financial reporting.
Their guidance helps to ensure efficient and effective assurance arrangements are in place.
To this end the Committee is enabled and required to have oversight of, and to provide independent review of, the effectiveness of PCC and Chief Constable’s governance, risk management and control frameworks, its financial reporting and annual governance processes, and internal audit and external audit.
Please find all Audit Committee Annual Reports here
Audit Committee Membership
Upcoming Shared Audit Committee meetings
The Shared Audit Committee meets quarterly and the next meeting will be held on 11th May 2023.
All these meetings are open to the public.
If you would like to attend this meeting, you must register in advance by emailing [email protected]
The agenda and papers for this meeting are always published here at least five days before the meeting takes place:
- Final Agenda
- Grant Thornton Auditors Annual Report 2021/22
- Update Report on Progress Against IA Plan 2022/23
- Follow up of Audit Recommendations
- HOIA Annual Report and Opninion 2022/23
- Appendix 1 HOIA Annual Report and Opinion 2022/23
- Draft Annual Governance Statement
- Workplan for producing and Publishing he 2022/23 SOA
- Joint External Audit Plan Year Ending 31st March 2023
- Annual Review of the Corporate Governance Framework 2023/24
- Appendix A PCC Key Decision
- OPCCM Risk Management Update
- SIAS Charter 2023/24
- Appendix A SIAS Charter 2023/24
- Annual Internal Audit Risk Based Plan 2023/24
- Appendix 1 Annual IA Risk Base Plan 2023/24
Future meetings of the shared Audit Committee:
Future meetings of the Audit Committee:
- 20th July 2023
- 28th September 2023
- 23rd November 2023
- 8th February 2024
- 9th May 2024
- 18th July 2024
- 26th September 2024
- 6th February 2025
You can access the papers and reports from all previous meetings of the Audit Committee using the links below: