The Statements of Accounts are produced every year by the PCC and the Chief Constable. The law requires the accounts to comply with national accounting standards.
Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside and the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police - Audit of Accounts 2021/22
Notice of completion
Please note that Regulation 16(1) of The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 requires the PCC to publish (which must include publication on its website) a statement:
- that the audit has been concluded
- that the statement of accounts has been published (see below)
At this stage whilst the financial statements audit is concluded, the Auditors cannot formally conclude the audit and issue an audit certificate until they have completed:-
- The work on the PCC’s arrangements for securing economy, efficiency and effectiveness in its use of resources; and
- The work necessary to issue a Whole of Government Accounts (WGS) component assurance statement for the PCC for the year ended 31 March 2022.
The auditors are satisfied that this work does not have a material effect on the financial statements year ended 31 March 2022.
The notice of conclusion of the audit will be added to the website alongside the audit certificate as soon as this is issued.
The final set of audited accounts can be found below:-
- Final Statement of Accounts 2021/22 for the Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside
- Final Statement of Accounts 2021/22 for the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police
Dated 19th December 2022
Previous Statement of Accounts
Please use the link below to find the Statement of Accounts for all previous years: