Warning! Unfortunately your browser has disabled scripting. Some functionallity might not work correctly. Please enable scripting if you experience any problems.
Jump to page content
Visit Victim Care Merseyside

If we hold any information about you, you are entitled to see it.

To do this, you have to fill in a 'Subject Access Request' application.

Please find a form below. This form should make it easier for you to include all the details you want. It is not compulsory to use this form. If you would like to request information in an alternative way, please find more information on how to Contact us.

Once we have received your completed form, and are satisfied with the proof of identity you have given us, we will provide the information within one calendar month.

The request is free. For further copies of your data or where your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive a reasonable fee for administrative costs may apply.

Where we refuse to respond to a request, we will explain the reason and informing you of your right to complain to the Independent Office for Police Conduct within one calendar month.

You are only entitled to see information about yourself, and you will have to provide proof of identity. If the information we hold identifies anyone else as well, you will need written permission from them before we can release the information to you. We may check with the other person to ensure they have given their consent.

Application Form and accompanying guidance

Please note, this covers the information held by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner only.

Merseyside Police

Information held by Merseyside Police should be requested from them.

Details of how to do this, and how to access police information held nationally, can be found on the Merseyside Police website.

Jane wants your views on policing funding today...

The Police Commissioner has to set the police budget soon.

She wants your views on  if you would be willing to contribute an extra 19p a week in your council tax  to enable the Chief Constable to recruit 160 new police officers next year, as well help balance the budget and protect jobs?

Without the extra funding the Commissioner will have to reduce the budget, the recruitment of new officers can’t
go ahead and the Chief Constable will be required to cut back on the service again.