Merseyside's Police Commissioner is looking to recruit a Policy and Research Assistant to join her team.
By joining the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) based in Wavertree, you will help Jane Kennedy realise her vision and strategies on policing, criminal justice and community safety for Merseyside.
Salary: £18,486 - £19,704
Closing Date : Friday 14th June 2019
An opportunity has arisen to provide administrative and technical assistance to the Policy and Commissioning Officers of the Merseyside Police and Crime Commissioner on local and national policy issues which may impact on the police service, to ensure compliance with legal and professional standards.
The post holder should be computer literate and have the ability to undertake research and analysis to ensure the accurate recording of information and the completion of briefing papers as necessary.
Although research skills are essential to the role in order to conduct daily Horizon Scanning to inform the Police and Crime Commissioner of any developments or publications relevant to her statutory responsibilities, other responsibilities will also include:
- Event and meeting planning – minute taking, agendas, room bookings, invites, attendee liaison, paper circulation, refreshments etc;
- Admin assistance with the management of the Independent Custody Visiting Scheme;
- Raising purchase orders and processing payments on civica;
- Supporting the Senior Commissioning Policy & Research Officer at various stages of the commissioning cycle, as necessary;
- Any other ad hoc research requests to inform and produce briefing papers.
Please click here to view the vacancy, find the application papers and apply.